Duplicate Utah Driver License
Replace lost or stolen Utah driver license, update new Utah residence, or name change:
- Schedule an appointment for your visit, or walk-in at a driver license office.
- If you plan to walk-in you can complete the application in the office, or complete this online application ahead of time.
- Photo will be taken.
- Pass the eye test.
- If changing your address from what is on your current Utah driver license you must submit two documents of your new Utah residence. Visit our required documentation page for what is acceptable proof.
- If you are changing your name, you must submit legal proof of the name change with a certified state marriage certificate, divorce decree, adoption papers, citizenship papers, guardianship papers, or a court document indicating the name change.
- Submit a nonrefundable fee of $23.00.
If your driver license was an out-of-state driver license you will need to visit – I am new to Utah section and obtain an original Utah driver license.
When obtaining a duplicate Utah driver license your expiration date will remain the same as it currently is. If you are within 6 months of your expiration date, you would be eligible to renew your Utah driver license for the next 5 years.
It is not required that you obtain a new driver license with your new residence, you can simply change your address online within 10 days of moving.
After all requirements for a license have been successfully completed, you will receive a temporary photo license on the same day. The completed license will then be mailed to you in approximately 6-8 weeks.