Duplicate Utah Driver License
Replace lost or stolen Utah driver license, update new Utah residence, or name change:
- Schedule an appointment for your visit, or walk-in at a driver license office.
- If you plan to walk-in for your visit you can complete the application in the office, or ahead of time online.
- Photo will be taken.
- Pass the eye (vision) test.
- If changing your residence address from what is on your current Utah driver license, you must submit two (2) documents of your new Utah residence address. Visit our required documentation page for what is acceptable proof.
- Submit a nonrefundable fee of $23.00.
If your driver license was an out-of-state driver license you will need to visit – I am new to Utah section and obtain an original Utah driver license.
When obtaining a duplicate Utah driver license your expiration date will remain the same as it currently is. If you are within six (6) months of your expiration date, you would be eligible to renew your Utah driver license for the next five (5) years.
It is not required that you obtain a new driver license with your new residence, you can simply change your address online within ten (10) days of moving.
If the name from your driver license or identity card is different than the name on your identity document (e.g., birth certificate, passport) it must be accompanied by legal documentation authorizing the name change. These include a certified state marriage certificate, divorce decree, adoption, citizenship, guardianship, or court documents indicating the name change.
After all requirements for a license have been successfully completed, you will receive a temporary license with a photo on the same day. The completed license will then be mailed to you in approximately 8-10 weeks.