Utah Duplicate Driver License
Replace lost or stolen Class D Utah driver license, update new Utah residence address, or name change by following these steps:
- Fill out the driver license application online prior to your visit and bring with you. Applications are available in the office, if needed.
- SCHEDULE a duplicate appointment for your visit.
- Photo will be taken.
- Pass the eye (vision) test.
- If your Utah residence address has changed from what is on your current Utah driver license, you will be required to provide two (2) documents of your Utah residence address. Visit the required documentation page for what is acceptable proof. You can also submit the address change online to avoid having to provide proof when coming into the office to obtain a new driver license.
- Submit a nonrefundable fee of $23.00.
If your driver license was an out-of-state driver license you will need to visit the Original page and obtain an original Utah driver license.
When obtaining a duplicate driver license your expiration date will remain the same as it currently is. If you are within six (6) months of your expiration date, you would be eligible to renew your Utah driver license for the next eight (8) years.
It is not required that you obtain a new driver license with your new residence address, you can simply change your address online within ten (10) days of moving.
If the name from your driver license or identity card is different than the name on your identity document (e.g., birth certificate, passport) it must be accompanied by legal documentation authorizing the name change. These include a certified state marriage certificate, divorce decree, adoption, citizenship, guardianship, or court documents indicating the name change.
After all requirements for a license have been successfully completed, you will receive a temporary license with a photo on the same day. The completed license will then be mailed to you in approximately 8-10 weeks.