Driving Privilege Card (DPC)
**DPC card holders are not eligible for a temporary driving permit. To allow enough processing time during this COVID-19 pandemic situation we are allowing DPC card holders to renew two (2) months prior to the expiration date.
DPC Fingerprint Agencies
A person who would need to obtain a Utah driving privilege card (DPC):
- Individuals who are unable to establish legal/lawful presence.
- Individuals who are ineligible for a U.S. social security number and must obtain an individual tax identification number (ITIN) from the Internal Revenue Service.
- DPC would expire on the birth date in the first year from the date the card was issued or renewed.
- Individuals meeting these requirements would not be eligible to obtain a commercial driver license or identification card.
Requirements to be eligible for a DPC:
- You are a resident of Utah; and
- You are required to obtain a Utah learner permit or DPC in order to legally drive while here in Utah. The valid DPC allows the holder to operate a motor vehicle in Utah, but may not be used as a means of identification by any Utah government entities.
Process for obtaining a DPC:
- Schedule a driving privilege card appointment for your visit (coming July 2020.) You can complete the driver license application in the office, or ahead of time online.
- Photo will be taken.
- Provide evidence of a driving privilege issued in another state, or country, or evidence of completion of a course in driver education to avoid having to carry a learner permit for 90 days if age 19 and older.
- Provide proof of identity (name and DOB.) Provide social security card or individual tax identification number (ITIN.) Provide two (2) documents of your Utah residence address. Visit our required documentation page to see what is acceptable proof of each type of document required.
- Completed fingerprint card and photograph from local agency.
- Completion of required written knowledge test and driving skills test.
- Pass the eye (vision) test.
- Submit nonrefundable fee of $25.00 for fingerprint process and a $52.00 licensing fee for 21 and older; $39.00 for a provisional (20 and under.)
After all requirements for a DPC have been successfully completed, you will receive a temporary document that is a receipt only. The completed Driving Privilege Card (DPC) will then be mailed to you in approximately 8-10 weeks.