- Identity document (verified through SAVE)
- Legal/lawful presence document (verified through SAVE)
- Social security verification
- Utah residence verification
Please print this brochure to be sure you have all required documentation.
Applicant will need to schedule an appointment online.
When the applicant arrives for their scheduled appointment they will be required to:
- Pay the license fee
- Pass the eye test
- Take the written knowledge test in their native language with the assistance of an interpreter approved by the Department of Workforce Services – here is a link to our interpreter list
Once the written knowledge test is passed, the applicant will be issued a temporary driving permit. Prior to receiving the full driving privilege the applicant will need to pass the driving skills test with a driver license examiner, or a third party tester. Click here for a list of third party testers.
Upon successful completion of all requirements, the applicant will be issued a limited-term driver license with a five (5) year expiration date.
When the limited-term expires after the five (5) years, the applicant will need to renew their limited-term and will be required to pass the written knowledge test in English. If the applicant is not able to pass the written knowledge test, no driving privilege will be issued.