Driver License Menu

Name and Address FAQs

What if I need to change my name?

If the name from your driver license or identity card is different than the name on your identity document (e.g., birth certificate or passport) it must be accompanied by legal documentation authorizing the name change.  These include a certified state marriage certificate, divorce decree, adoption, citizenship, guardianship, or court documents indicating the name change.

How long do I have to change my address if I move?

Utah law states you must notify the Driver License Division with any change of address within 10 days so you will receive any notifications we may send you. (State mail is not forwarded by the post office.)  If we do not have a current address, you may have sanctions on your license that you are unaware of.  Address changes can be made online or at any of our Driver License offices in the state.  If you do visit an office to change your address you will need to bring two (2) proofs of residency with you.