Ready To Get My License
Once you have completed the written knowledge and driving skills test; carried your learner permit for six (6) months; and you are between 16 and 20 years of age; follow these steps to obtain your provisional Class D driver license:
- Fill out the driver license application online prior to your visit and bring with you. Applications are available in the office, if needed.
- SCHEDULE a PROVISIONAL (under 21) driver license appointment for your visit.
- Photo will be taken.
- Provide your learner permit (because your identity documents have already been scanned when you applied for your learner permit, you do not need to bring them back with you again.)
- Pass the eye (vision) test.
- Parent/legal guardian must sign off on 40 hours of practice driving (10 at night.)
- Parent/legal guardian must sign for financial responsibility (for age 17 and under.)
- Submit a nonrefundable fee of $39.00.
Be sure to understand the requirements/restrictions that are in place for the minor driver at certain ages.
At any time the parent or legal guardian who signed for financial responsibility on the minor’s application can choose to withdraw their signature until the minor is 18 years of age, and for any reason. This action would invalidate the driver license and the minor could reapply when they reach the age of 18, or if the parent/legal guardian signed a new application. There would be a licensing fee and written knowledge test to reapply.
When requirements have been met for a driver license, you will receive a temporary license with a photo on the same day and the completed license will be mailed to you in approximately 8-10 weeks.