Alcohol/Drug Related Limited License
Requirements for obtaining an alcohol/drug-related limited license:
- Be violation free for at least one (1) year to be eligible.
- Clear all outstanding indefinite department actions.
- Pay all reinstatement fees.
- Pay all required licensing fees.
- Complete all required testing.
The original sanction period extended for a minimum of three (3) years.
For the driver license hearing, you will need written verification from the person’s primary care physician that:
- To the physician’s knowledge, the person had not used any narcotic drug or other controlled substance except as prescribed by a licensed medical practitioner within the last three (3) years;
- The physician is unaware of any physical, emotional, or mental impairment affecting the person’s ability to operate a motor vehicle safely;
- A letter from the employer outlining the work schedule for the person if limited driving privileges are being requested to commute to and from work; and
- A copy of the class schedule for the person if limited driving privileges are requested to commute to and from school.