DRIVER LICENSE HAS LAUNCHED A NEW ONLINE SCHEDULER!
Appointments must be scheduled for all originals, provisionals (minor 16-20), renewals, duplicates, ID cards, CDL’s, reinstatements, MVR’s, driving skills tests, motorcycle skills tests, and refugee/asylee.
Appointments for hearings will become available by August 2020.
Appointments will be required to ensure we maintain the number of customers in our building at one time to ensure social distancing standards can be maintained. Appointments will reduce your wait time and ensure the services requested can be completed. Applicants who choose to walk-in may experience longer wait times, or the service requested may not be available due to appointments taking priority.
In connection with Governor Herbert’s announcement the state’s COVID-19 level has changed from moderate risk (orange) to low risk (yellow.) This change will allow us to expand our services while continuing to abide by the guidelines of social distancing, accommodating for appropriate customer spacing and continuing with the strict hygiene standards we have put into practice.
Driver License Division offices are using the following recommended CDC guideline precautions for social distancing to keep you safe when visiting:
- Employees and customers will maintain six (6) feet of space between each other.
- Each workstation, eye machine or other surfaces are cleaned between each customer.
- Customers who appear ill will be asked to return when they do not show signs of illness.
- All employees are required to wear a face covering/mask.
- Consistent with the Governor’s Executive Order, a face covering/mask must be worn in all state-run facilities.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is being used at all times to facilitate skills tests. Screening questionnaire, temperature check, and face coverings are required for the driver and examiner to administer a skills test.
- Kiosk testing stations have been spaced six (6) feet apart.
- Appointments are required to ensure we maintain the number of customers in our building at one time. Walk-ins will be processed as quickly as possible; however, scheduled appointments will take priority.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during these challenging times. To assist with questions visit our FAQ page, ask our chatbot Carter questions (icon bottom right corner), chat with our call center by clicking here, or give us a call at 801.965.4437 or 888.353.4224.
OUR MISSION IS TO LICENSE AND REGULATE DRIVERS IN UTAH AND PROMOTE PUBLIC SAFETY
|Salt Lake:||Toll Free:|
|Holidays & Closures|
|Mon, January 18||Martin Luther King Jr Day|
|Mon, February 15||President’s Day|
|Mon, May 31||Memorial Day|
|Mon, July 5||Independence Day|
|Fri, July 23||Pioneer Day|
|Mon, September 7||Labor Day|
|Mon, October 12||Columbus Day|
|Wed, November 11||Veterans Day|
|Thurs, November 26||Thanksgiving Day|
|Fri, December 25||Christmas Day|
|Fri, January 1||New Years Day|