Driver License Menu

Minor CDL Replacement

Requirements for obtaining a replacement Utah CDL if you have moved, changed your name, or had your CDL lost or stolen:

  • You will need to visit one of our CDL Driver License offices.
  • You will take a photo upon arrival.
  • You will be required to pass the eye test.
  • Submit a nonrefundable fee of $23.00.
  • Bring your current Utah CDL if you have it.
  • As a CDL holder, you must change your address on your CDL no later than 30 days after you’ve moved. You will not be able to change the address online as Federal regulations require that your current address be printed on your CDL. Additionally, you will be required to provide proof of current Utah residency. Current meaning your address verification must be dated within 60 days. Visit our Required Documentation page for what is acceptable proof.


  1. Complete the driver license application online.
  2. Once you have completed the application, you will be directed to schedule a CDL appointment for your visit. Currently, our Farmington, Logan, and Tooele offices do not process CDL’s.
  3. Click here to get started.

Note: If the name from your driver license or identity card is different than the name on your identity document (e.g., birth certificate, passport), it must be accompanied by legal documentation authorizing the name change. These include a certified state marriage certificate, divorce decree, adoption, citizenship, guardianship, or court documents indicating the name change.

Note: By law, you may not possess more than one REAL ID compliant certificate at a time (e.g., a Utah driver license and a Colorado ID.)

After all requirements for a CDL have been completed, you will receive a temporary CDL with a photo on the same day. The completed CDL with the same expiration date as your previous license will be mailed to you in approximately 4-6 weeks.