Adult Driving Privilege Card (DPC) Renewal
Requirements for renewing your Utah DPC:
- You can renew your Utah DPC six (6) months prior to the expiration date. If your Utah DPC will expire while you are temporarily out-of-state, you can apply to renew your Utah DPC more than six (6) months prior to the expiration date, if you provide proof that you will be absent from the state during the six (6) month period prior to the expiration date of your DPC.
- You will need to visit one of our Driver License offices.
- You will take a photo upon arrival.
- You will be required to pass the eye test.
- Submit a nonrefundable fee of $52.00.
- Bring your current Utah DPC.
- Bring social security card or individual tax identification number (ITIN.)
- If your Utah residence address has changed from what is on your current DPC, you will be required to provide two (2) documents of your Utah residence address. Visit the Required Documentation page for what is acceptable proof. You can also submit the address change online to avoid having to provide proof when coming into the office to renew.
- A 25-question open-book written knowledge test may be required if you have had one (1) or more citations in one (1) year, have been suspended or revoked, or your Utah DPC has been expired for more than six (6) months.
- Complete the driver license application online.
- Once you have completed the application you will be directed to schedule a renewal appointment for your visit.
- Click here to get started.
Note: If the name from your driver license or identity card is different than the name on your identity document (e.g., birth certificate, passport) it must be accompanied by legal documentation authorizing the name change. These include a certified state marriage certificate, divorce decree, adoption, citizenship, guardianship, or court documents indicating the name change.
Note: By law you may not possess more than one REAL ID compliant certificate at a time (e.g., Utah driver license and a Colorado ID.)
After all requirements for a DPC have been successfully completed, you will receive a temporary document that is a receipt only. The completed Driving Privilege Card (DPC) will expire on the birth date in the first year from the date the card was issued or renewed and will then be mailed to you in approximately 4-6 weeks.