Driver License Menu

Adult Driving Privilege Card (DPC) Replacement

Requirements for obtaining a replacement Utah DPC if you have moved, changed your name, or had your DPC lost or stolen:

  • You will need to visit one of our Driver License offices.
  • You will take a photo upon arrival.
  • You will be required to pass the eye test.
  • Submit a nonrefundable fee of $23.00.
  • Bring your current Utah DPC if you have it or something with your name on it.
  • If your Utah residence address has changed from what is on your current DPC, you will be required to provide two (2) documents of your Utah residence address.  Visit the Required Documentation page for what is acceptable proof.  You can also submit the address change online to avoid having to provide proof when coming into the office. You are not required to obtain a new DPC with your new residence address; you can change your address online within ten (10) days of moving.


  1. Complete the driver license application online.
  2. Once you have completed the application, you will be directed to schedule a duplicate appointment for your visit.
  3. Click here to get started.

Note: If the name from your driver license or identity card is different than the name on your identity document (e.g., birth certificate, passport), it must be accompanied by legal documentation authorizing the name change.  These include a certified state marriage certificate, divorce decree, adoption, citizenship, guardianship, or court documents indicating the name change.

Note: By law, you may not possess more than one REAL ID compliant certificate at a time (e.g., a Utah driver license and a Colorado ID.)

After completing all requirements for a DPC, you will receive a temporary document with a photo on the same day. The completed DPC with the same expiration date as your previous DPC will be mailed to you in approximately 4-6 weeks.