Driver License Menu

Minor Replacement

Requirements for obtaining a replacement Utah driver license if you have moved, changed your name, or had your driver license lost or stolen:

  • You will need to visit one of our Driver License offices.
  • You will take a photo upon arrival.
  • You will be required to pass the eye test.
  • Submit a nonrefundable fee of $23.00.
  • Bring your current Utah driver license if you have it or something with your name on it.
  • If your Utah residence address has changed from what is on your current driver license, you will be required to provide two (2) documents of your Utah residence address.  Visit the Required Documentation page for what is acceptable proof.  You can also submit the address change online to avoid having to provide proof when coming into the office. You are not required to obtain a new driver license with your new residence address; you can simply change your address online within ten (10) days of moving.
  • Understand the requirements/restrictions that are in place for the minor driver at certain ages.


  1. Complete the driver license application online.
  2. Once you have completed the application, you will be directed to schedule a duplicate appointment for your visit.
  3. Click here to get started.

Note: If the name from your driver license or identity card is different than the name on your identity document (e.g., birth certificate, passport), it must be accompanied by legal documentation authorizing the name change.  These include a certified state marriage certificate, divorce decree, adoption, citizenship, guardianship, or court documents indicating the name change.

Note: The parent or legal guardian who signed for the original driver license does not need to sign again for a duplicate driver license unless there was a signature withdrawal from the parent/legal guardian. At any time, the parent or legal guardian who signed for financial responsibility on the minor’s application can withdraw their signature until the minor is 18 years of age and for any reason.  This action would invalidate the driver license, and the minor could reapply when they reach the age of 18 or if the parent/legal guardian signed a new application.  There would be a licensing fee and a written test to reapply.

Note: By law, you may not possess more than one REAL ID compliant certificate at a time (e.g., a Utah driver license and a Colorado ID.)

After all requirements for a license have been completed, you will receive a temporary license with a photo on the same day.  The completed license with the same expiration date as your previous license will be mailed to you in approximately 4-6 weeks.