ID Card Replacement
I have a name or address change, or my ID card has been lost or stolen:
- Complete the identification card application online prior to your visit and bring with you. Applications are available in the office, if needed.
- Schedule an identification card appointment for your visit.
- Photo will be taken upon arrival.
- If your Utah residence address has changed from what is on your current Utah identification card, you will be required to provide two (2) documents of your Utah residence address. Visit the Required Documentation page for what is acceptable proof. You can also submit the address change online to avoid having to provide proof when coming into the office to obtain a new identification card.
- Submit a nonrefundable fee of $23.00.
If the name from your identification card or identity card is different than the name on your identity document (e.g., birth certificate, passport) it must be accompanied by legal documentation authorizing the name change. These include a certified state marriage certificate, divorce decree, adoption, citizenship, guardianship, or court documents indicating the name change.
After all requirements for an identification card have been successfully completed you will receive a temporary identification card with a photo on the same day. The completed identification card will then be mailed to you in approximately 4-6 weeks.