Driver License Menu

ID Card Replacement

Requirements for obtaining a replacement Utah identification card if you have moved, changed your name, or had your identification card lost or stolen:

  • You will need to visit one of our Driver License offices.
  • You will take a photo upon arrival.
  • Submit a nonrefundable fee of $23.00.
  • Bring your current Utah identification card if you have it or something with your name on it.
  • If your Utah residence address has changed from what is on your current Utah identification card, you will be required to provide two (2) documents of your Utah residence address.  Visit the Required Documentation page for what is acceptable proof.  You can also submit the address change online to avoid providing proof when coming into the office to obtain a new identification card.


  1. Complete the identification card application online.
  2. Once you complete the application, you will be directed to schedule an identification card appointment for your visit.
  3. Click here to get started.

Note: If the name from your identification card or identity card is different than the name on your identity document (e.g., birth certificate, passport), it must be accompanied by legal documentation authorizing the name change.  These include a certified state marriage certificate, divorce decree, adoption, citizenship, guardianship, or court documents indicating the name change.

After completing all requirements for an identification card, you will receive a temporary identification card with a photo on the same day. The completed identification card with a 5-year expiration will be mailed to you in approximately 4-6 weeks.