ID Card Renewal
If you have received a letter by mail indicating eligibility to renew online, click here. If you have misplaced this letter and need the PIN number required to renew online, please call our Customer Service at 801.965.4437 or toll free at 888.353.4224.
Renew your Utah identification card in the office:
- Complete the identification card application online prior to your visit and bring with you. Applications are available in the office, if needed.
- Schedule an identification card appointment for your visit.
- Photo will be taken upon arrival.
- Provide current Utah identification card.
- If your residence address has changed from what is on your current identification card, you will be required to provide two (2) documents of your Utah residence address. Visit the Required Documentation page for what is acceptable proof. You can also submit the address change online to avoid having to provide proof when coming into the office when applying for your renewal.
- Submit the nonrefundable fee of $23.00.
If the name from your identification card or identity card is different than the name on your identity document (e.g., birth certificate, passport) it must be accompanied by legal documentation authorizing the name change. These include a certified state marriage certificate, divorce decree, adoption, citizenship, guardianship, or court documents indicating the name change.
After all requirements for an identification card have been successfully completed you will receive a temporary identification card with a photo on the same day if applying in person. If you are applying by mail, your temporary will be mailed to you. The completed identification card will then be mailed to you in approximately 4-6 weeks.