- You must be 21 years of age.
- SCHEDULE a duplicate driver license appointment to apply for the taxi endorsement. You can complete the driver license application in the office, or ahead of time online.
- Photo will be taken.
- Bring your current Utah driver license and two (2) documents of Utah residence if your address has changed. Visit our required documentation page to see what works as proof.
- Pass an eye (vision) test.
- Complete a 25-question written knowledge test that is closed book.
- Pay the duplicate license fee of $23.00 and the taxi endorsement fee of $14.00
PRIVATE PASSENGER CARRIERS
It is necessary that all private passenger carriers obtain a taxi endorsement, if they are operating a Class D vehicle to transport passengers for hire. Utah Senate Bill 12 defines private passenger carriers as individuals who are operating any motor vehicle for hire that is designed to transport 15 or fewer passengers, including the driver; and is operated to transport an employee of the person that hires the motor vehicle operator. All drivers who operate a motor vehicle on behalf of a business to transport employees, must obtain a taxi cab endorsement. See requirements above for obtaining a taxi endorsement.
After all requirements for a license have been successfully completed, you will receive a temporary photo license on the same day. The completed license will then be mailed to you in approximately 4-6 weeks.