Driver License Menu

Motorcycle Course

The Utah Rider Education teaches in South Jordan, Ogden, Park City and St. George. Salt Lake Community College teaches at the Redwood and South Jordan Campuses, Ogden and St. George.  Dixie State University teaches in St. George.

This course is a 15-hour course; ten (10) of the hours are spent on the motorcycle.  The schools provide motorcycles and helmets.  The schools use 150 cc and 250 cc motorcycles, if you take the course on one of those motorcycles you will be restricted to the size of motorcycle you test on.  If you want to ride motorcycles larger than what you tested on with the school, you can re-test with the school or with the Driver License Division.

Those schools also provide an Experienced Rider Course (ERC.)  This course is five (5) hours long and if you have recent motorcycle riding experience and have over 2000 miles on your motorcycle, you may take the ERC and ask to be tested on your own motorcycle and if you successfully complete the ERC test, you will receive a riding skills test waiver card that you can take to the Driver License Office.  You must show your completion card (BRC) or (ERC) to the Driver License Office within six (6) months of course completion to receive the riding skills test waiver.

Motorcycle Schools (call or visit website for fees and information):