Original ID Card
Requirements for obtaining a first time identification card:
- You will need to visit one of our Driver License offices.
- You will take a photo upon arrival.
- Submit the nonrefundable fee of $23.00.
- Bring proof of identity (name and date of birth.)
- Bring social security card.
- Bring two (2) documents of Utah residence address.
- Visit our Required Documentation page for what is acceptable proof of each type of document required.
- Complete the identification card application online.
- Once you complete the application you will be directed to schedule an identification card appointment for your visit.
- Click here to get started.
Note: If the name from your identification card or identity card is different than the name on your identity document (e.g., birth certificate, passport) it must be accompanied by legal documentation authorizing the name change. These include a certified state marriage certificate, divorce decree, adoption, citizenship, guardianship, or court documents indicating the name change.
After all requirements for an identification card have been successfully completed you will receive a temporary identification card with a photo on the same day. The completed identification card with an expiration date of 5 years will then be mailed to you in approximately 4-6 weeks.