Impaired Driving Assessment (IDA)
As a result of a first arrest for driving under the influence, the Division has suspended your license for 120 days. You may be eligible to reinstate your license early by:
- Completing a Impaired Driving Assessment (IDA)
- The IDA must be completed by an approved provider
- The assessment must indicate you are at low risk of reoffending
- Installing an ignition interlock device
- Scheduling a hearing with a Driver License Division hearing officer to petition for early reinstatement
- The hearing officer will review the results of the IDA and determine whether the license is eligible for reinstatement
- Pay all reinstatement fees
Your petition for reinstatement shall be denied if:
- You do not complete an IDA with an approved provider
- Your IDA assessment determines you do not meet the criteria for low risk of reoffending
- Your driver license is suspended for any other reason
If you are convicted of a DUI in court your license will be suspended and you will not be eligible for early reinstatement.
The reinstatement fee you pay for the arrest is non refundable if you are convicted of a DUI and subsequently suspended again.
If you have further questions or need clarification, fill out this form and you will receive a response by email.